Thanks to some unfortunate weather, I've had a couple of mostly inside afternoons to work on finishing up my first garment for Me-Made May. It is sewn from the ubiquitous Simplicity 3835 (one of the Built by Wendy patterns) and I have made it before pretty successfully. However, the last time I used this pattern I felt like the 5/8 inch seam allowance was kind of overkill and I decided this time to go with a smaller allowance to give the finished piece just a slightly looser fit.
The fabric is some of the new-ish Nani Iro collection. I'd link to it here, but I can't seem to find it online anywhere in this colorway. It's double gauze, which is slightly tricky to work with, I think. It has a bit more stretch than a regular quilting-weight cotton and the two layers do sometimes seem to want to separate. I love the softness of the fabric though, so decided it would be worth the extra effort to use it here. I went slowly, took extra time to finish all my seams with an overlock stitch and pressed like it was my job before I actually stitched down the hem. I also eliminated the elastic in the sleeves, which I'm feeling like was a pretty good choice.
Many apologies for the less than stellar photography today. It is (of all things!) snowing outside this afternoon, and this makes for a pretty dark and gray day. The poor little chickadees nesting in our backyard keep trying to get into the house where it's warm.
Happy Mother's Day just the same!